Diss Junior school has always been, and we hope and pray, will always be a Church of England School. This gives them a distinctive flavour and air. They promise to provide a happy and safe learning environment in which the pupils can thrive and we at St Mary’s (their local Church of England church), support them is this aim by offering:
Our Vicar, as Chaplain to the school; visits frequently; occasionally helping with classes and also Collective Worship.
- to pray for them on a regular basis;
- the church as a place for them to worship and learn,
- providing church members to hear reading;
- staff an after school club and
- in providing Open the Book Collective Worship.